Contract of work
This Contract is made and entered into as of the date set forth below by and between Alice Williams (hereinafter referred to as "Developer") and Bob Smith (hereinafter referred to as "Client").
I. Agreement of parties
Client hereby hires Developer to rebuild the current website bobswebsite.com, for the estimated total price of $PRICE. Developer agrees to provide quality service and to answer to Client's requests in a timely manner.
The payment plan is outlined in section VII of this contract.
This contract shall commence upon the first payment, as outlined in the payment plan and shall remain effective until the services are completed and delivered.
III. Legal matters and copyrights
Client hereby guarantees to Developer that any elements of text, graphics, photos, trademarks or other artwork that Client provides for inclusion in the website are either owned by them or that they have the permission to use them.
Upon receipt of the final payment, the following copyright assignment shall automatically occur:
- Client will own the graphics, virtual elements, text content, photographs, and other data provided, unless someone else owns them.
- Developer owns the HTML markup, CSS and other code and they license it to Client for use on only this project. Developer can reserve the right to display, with Client's consent, the work as part of the portfolio.
This contract may be modified by the parties in writing. All notices under this contract must be transmitted in writing by email and will only be effective upon confirmation of receipt.
Either party may terminate this contract at any time, effective immediately upon notice or mutual agreement.
In the event of termination, Developer shall be compensated for services performed through the date of termination in one of the following amounts, whichever is greater, together with any additional costs incurred trough and up to the date of cancellation:
- any advanced payment,
- a prorated portion of the fees due, or
- hourly fees for work performed by Developer at the time of the termination.
VI. Force majeure
Developer shall not be deemed in breach of this contract if they are unable to complete the services or any portion of them due to fire, earthquake, war, labor dispute, illness, internet breaches, or any other technical issues that are beyond their control. In the event of a force majeure, Developer shall give notice to Client of their inability to perform or of any delay in completing the services and shall propose revisions to the schedule for completion.
VII. Payment plan
Payments shall be made as follows:
- 50% of total estimated fee will be required to commence work, after this contract has been approved and signed by both parties.
- 50% upon project closure.
Any extra time required outside the project services mentioned in section I of this contract, will be billed at a rate of $FEE per hour.